UNESCO Chair in Computer-Integrated Manufacturing was established in 1997 at Galatasaray University.
- To enhance the institutional capacity of the University through a computer-integrated manufacturing laboratory (CIM Lab) used for educational purposes.
- To enhance the quality of education in industrial engineering and computer engineering disciplines.
- To promote regional training, research, and information dissemination activities through organization of lifelong training programs and development of collaborative projects.
- To produce graduates fulfilling the needs of modern manufacturing systems.
- To establish scientific co-operation with internationally recognized researchers, other universities and research institutions, in both national and international levels.